About the Conference
Over the last few decades, a variety of methods and ideas have been tried for electricity price forecasting, with varying degrees of success. As the European energy industry continues to go through drastic changes, the key question remains how to make reliable models and forecasts if the market is so volatile and constantly evolving.
6th Annual Electricity Price Modelling and Forecasting Forum will serve as a guide to effective strategies on how to adapt your forecasts to the recent regulatory changes, changing of generation mix, the current changes in technology, such as e-mobility, developments in battery technology and digitalization of the grid. The forum will present the models used in different regions of Europe along with the case studies how the changes on the power market affects each region.
Among the key challenges discussed will be:
- Forecasting models in the industry: what is the state of art?
- How to account for industry’s new technologies and game-changers in fundamental models
- Flow-Based Market Coupling Implementation and Impact
- New Developments in Energy Storage, Distributed Generation and Demand Side Management
- Advancements in Modelling of Weather Volatility: Solar, Wind and Hydro forecasts